[LLVMdev] ARM assembler's syntax in clang

Ashi ashi08104 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 00:48:14 PST 2013

Hi, all. Another problem in ARM assembly: I use LDR to load an external
symbol :

LDR         R7,=DataTable

But clang gives error: unexpected token in operand to the '=',
Then I change the code to:

LDR         R7,=DataTable

The error becomes: unsupported relocation on symbol. How can I get around
this in clang?

Thanks in advance!

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Ashi <ashi08104 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,all,
> I've some problem when using clang compile my ARM assembly code:
>
> 1 .qn directive
> In GAS, .qn directive is used to create typed and/or indexed register
> aliases for use in Advanced SIMD Extension (Neon) instructions.(
> http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/as/ARM-Directives.html#ARM-Directives)
> But clang's integrated-as seems have different syntax, for example, my
> code:
>
> input .qn Q6.F32
>
> Clang would give error: unexpected token in argument list
>
> 2 .unreq
> Clang doesn't recognize .unreq,  my code is as below:
>
> px .req r0
> .unreq px
> px .req r1
>
> clang give error: redefinition of 'px' does not match original.
>
> 3 .end
> clang also doesn't recognize .end directive
>
> all my code is compiled by: clang -arch armv7 -v -integrated-as -g
> -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfpu=neon -isysroot
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.1.sdk/
>
> my clang version is: Apple LLVM version 4.2 (clang-425.0.24) (based on
> LLVM 3.2svn)
>
> BTW, could any tell me which files implement integrated-as in clang source
> code, I think it may also help me by looking the source code(I've tried
> 'grep', but with no success.)
>
> Great Thanks!
>
> ashi

ashi