[LLVMdev] [llvm] r184698 - Add a flag to defer vectorization into a phase after the inliner and its

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 19:24:11 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Andrew Trick <atrick at apple.com> wrote:

> I don't want to start a centi-thread yet, but here's a very rough idea
> (leaving many things out):

I actually like the look of this. I'll hack things around so we have a flag
(or set) we can use to experiment. It would be great to get the bits
factored out of IndvarSimplify so that we can run the experiments more
easily.

I'm particularly interested in this if it addresses the regressions I hit
with loop vectorize on by default.