[LLVMdev] clang/llvm with glibc

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 10:49:12 PDT 2013

>> What are you guys doing about -fno-toplevel-reorder?
>
> I haven't done anything about this flag, to be honest.  From looking
> at glibc's git HEAD it seems to currently be only used by two files
> -- siglist.c and errlist.c -- and maybe I'm missing something but I
> can't see any reason why either of these files now need it (in the
> past these files seem to have contained some assembly but now
> only contain straight C declarations).  It also seems to have been used
> in the past by initfini.c but that file is now gone from glibc git.

I went looking in glibc's git and found
3add8e1353d62d77fdd9b4ca363cdfe7006b0efb adding support for crti and
crtn written is assembly, which eventually replaced the old initfini.c
hack.

Congratulations to all those involved, this a much better state than I
would have dreamed possible some years ago.

Cheers,
Rafael