[LLVMdev] tools build issue with lnt in cross platform testing

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu Jun 6 18:59:05 PDT 2013

I want to get lnt to use qemu for the execution.

In that case, RHOST= is not set.

But  I change the Arch because I am going to run in cross mode.

Then I'm setting RUNUNDER to be a script which runs qemu.

In this case it builds timeit-target as a Mips which fails because this
is running on x86.

~/mysandbox/bin/lnt runtest nt  --sandbox ~/mysandbox --cc
/local/llvmpb_a/install/bin/clang  --cflag "-target mipsel-linux-gnu -EL
-mips16 -gcc-toolchain
/mips/arch/overflow/codesourcery/mips-linux-gnu/pro/release/2011.09-90/Linux
-fPIC" --test-suite ~/workspace/test-suite -j 1 --only-test
SingleSource/UnitTests/Mips --make-param=MIPSARCH=mips16
--llvm-arch=Mips
--make-param=RUNUNDER=/home/rkotler/test-suite/qemusample/qemueluser.sh

Seems like this is just a bug in the rules for building the tools but
maybe there is a way around this?

One other thing is that I'm using a script for RUNUNDER but would like
to just invoke qemu and pass the parameters through lnt. Is there a way
to do this?