[LLVMdev] clang/llvm with glibc

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Wed Jun 5 13:42:02 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 12:34:41PM -0600, Dave Buehmann wrote:
> This question has been asked occasionally with no positive responses.
>
> Has anybody had success compiling glib with clang/llvm?  If so, can you
> share any details?
>
> If not, are there any good libc replacements with more complete
> functionality than newlib?

It is (almost) possible to compile glibc using DragonEgg -- there
are only a handful of patches required (for LLVM and DragonEgg),
most of which are now up for review.

It builds, and most of glibc's test suite currently passes, except
for some tests that deal with floating point arithmetic, and some
tests which use very obscure GNU as features which I haven't seen
used outside the glibc test suite.

Hopefully within a month or so everything should be upstreamed, but
if you're itching for something that works now I can try to find some
time to send some WIP patches and instructions.

Thanks,
--
Peter