[LLVMdev] LLVM Loop Vectorizer is enabled by default???

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Mon Jun 3 08:59:26 PDT 2013

Hi xtxwy jim,

On 03/06/13 17:37, xtxwy jim wrote:
>       In http://llvm.org/docs/Vectorizers.html, it says "LLVM’s Loop Vectorizer
> is now enabled by default for -O3". But I use the following command: opt -O3
> -debug-pass=Arguments test.ll -o /dev/null   I can't see the "loop-vectorize"
> option in the result. Any advice ?

you also have to pass -vectorize-loops.  As clang passes this, indeed in clang
it is enabled by default at -O3.  In my opinion this option should default to
on.

Ciao, Duncan.

PS: I'm not sure why clang doesn't just set LoopVectorize to true in the
PassManagerBuilder, rather than passing this command line flag.