[LLVMdev] Problem with DragonEgg 3.3rc2 on Fedora 19 Beta

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 23:50:18 PDT 2013

I'm the package maintainer for DragonEgg for Fedora.  I've just tried to
update the DragonEgg package for Fedora 19 beta, which uses gcc 4.8.0.

I had to modify the DragonEgg Makefile because llvm-config --libs is
generating the names of the static libraries, while I need to link to the
dynamic library (libLLVM-3.3.so).  I don't think this is the cause of my
problem, but I suppose I could be wrong.

Anyhow, I have a very simple C program.  When I compile it with gcc (on
Fedora 19 beta, x86_64), it works fine.  When I compile it with gcc
-fplugin=dragonegg, I get an executable that doesn't seem to execute the
printf inside the loop.

The C program, executables from gcc and gcc -fplugin=dragonegg, and
disassemblies of the .o files can be found here:
        http://fedorapeople.org/~brouhaha/dragonegg/

If anyone would care to take a look at this, I can provide account
credentials to ssh into the system I'm using.

Thanks!
Eric