[LLVMdev] IR Passes and TargetTransformInfo: Straw Man

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Wed Jul 31 06:53:13 PDT 2013

On 7/30/2013 11:44 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> The canonical form should be that loop invariants are hoisted.

The canonical form should not depend on the knowledge as to what is
invariant and what isn't.  It has more to do with preserving certain
"common" properties of a loop, such as header, preheader, latch branch, etc.

> Optimizations should not depend on perfect loops.

What do you mean by "perfect loops"?  I was talking about perfect nests.

-K

hosted by The Linux Foundation