[LLVMdev] Building libLLVMSupport library - special tricks?

Lou Picciano loupicciano at comcast.net
Fri Jul 26 10:51:20 PDT 2013

Duncan,

Yes, I'd been pretty much performing the same diagnosis in parallel - it seems we just don't have that libLLVMSupport library built.

Last night, tried the build of clang a few different ways to get that library built - including specifying the --gcc-toolchain option. No Joy!

Which of the clang/llvm source trees provides it? or is it in another source package? tools? Is there a Special Sauce which I must cook up?

Lou Picciano

(have changed topic title to re-focus on the core issue here!)

 Hi,

On 25/07/13 15:47, Lou Picciano wrote:
> Duncan,
> Many thanks for your comments.
>
> The core issue we're running into is this:
>
>     $ GCC=/usr/bin/gcc LLVM_CONFIG=/usr/bin/llvm-config make
>     Compiling utils/TargetInfo.cpp
>     Linking TargetInfo
>     ld: fatal: library -lLLVMSupport: not found

llvm-config is supposed to say where the libraries are.  Take a look at the
output of
   usr/bin/llvm-config --ldflags

On my system it outputs
  -L/usr/local/lib   -lrt -ldl -lpthread -lz
and indeed libLLVMSupport is there
   $ ls /usr/local/lib/libLLVMSupport*
   /usr/local/lib/libLLVMSupport.a