[LLVMdev] -Os

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Fri Jul 26 06:01:46 PDT 2013

On 7/23/2013 1:36 PM, Jim Grosbach wrote:

> This isn’t just a nitpick. This is exactly why you’re seeing
> differences. The pass managers aren’t always set up the same, for example.
>
> FWIW, I feel your pain. This is a long-standing weakness of our
> infrastructure.

What was the motivation for this design?  Was it to save time by not
creating another process, or were there other factors?

The IBM compiler for example, has all of its components in different
executables.  It makes debugging a lot more convenient (especially when
working with large applications built with IPA).

-K

hosted by The Linux Foundation