[LLVMdev] Proposal: function prefix data

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Thu Jul 18 21:44:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

> What if the prefix data was stored before the start of the function
> code? The function's symbol will point to the code just as before,
> eliminating the need to have instructions that skip the prefix data.

how many platforms would this work on?  Last time I tried something analogous
to this it fell through because the Darwin object code format didn't support
it.  I'm not saying that what you are suggesting wouldn't work on Darwin - I
don't know.  But given my past experience it would be wise to do a platform
survey before going too far.

Ciao, Duncan.