[LLVMdev] eclipse and gdb

Kevin Streit kevin.streit at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 18 00:15:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

 From time to time I am using eclipse as well to work on llvm.
CDT and in particular the indexer are quite demanding when it comes to
memory
consumption and I experienced that the default maximum heap size is not
enough for that
and will eventually lead to freezes or similar.
After increasing the maximum heap size in the eclipse.ini [1] (comes
with your eclipse
distribution; in Mac it is contained in the Application bundle:
Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS),
say to 3G, I experienced no problems and did not have to exclude any
files from indexing.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1]