[LLVMdev] [RFC] Switching make check to use 'set -o pipefail'

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 17:22:52 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola
<rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
> We currently don't use pipefail when running test under make check.
> This has the undesirable property that it is really easy for tests to
> bitrot.

Hi Rafael,

Did this discussion ever get a conclusion?  I support enabling
pipefail.  Fallout for out of tree users should be easy to fix.  As we
learned from LLVM tests, almost all tests that start to fail actually
indicate a real problem that was hidden.

Dmitri