[LLVMdev] Need compiler retargetted for legacy console system

Chris A31Chris at juno.com
Mon Jul 15 10:14:43 PDT 2013

We are a community of enthusiasts for the Atari Jaguar console system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Jaguar

This system has NEVER HAD a cross-compiler for its GPU other than briefly
that John Carmack created to make Doom for the system. But he lost that
long ago and couldn't release it if he had it still. Now any work to get
the main backbone of power out of the systems GPU must be done in time
consuming ASM and no one in the community is experienced with retargetting.

We are a relatively small community and probably could never raise the
50k+ in a reasonable time that it would cost a pro team to do this for us.
We could raise some money but my offer is more for those who are actually
learning to do these things and NEED a target that no one has ever done
before because I think every other CPU from the 90s and onward has a
compiler for it except the Jaguar.

If anyone is intrigued please get ahold of me A31Chris -AT- Juno.com and
we can discuss the details like what the community can actually pay and
hooking you up with dev SDKs and emulator and most likely getting you
hooked up with actual hardware for perhaps free(on loan)

Thank you for your time! :)