[LLVMdev] Problem Adding New Pass to Alias Analysis Group

Cristianno Martins cristiannomartins at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:43:46 PDT 2013

Hello John,

What opt command line arguments are you using?

If you follow this
link<http://llvm.org/docs/Passes.html#no-aa-no-alias-analysis-always-returns-may-alias>,
you can see that -no-aa is the default alias analysis implementation if you
do not manually specify which AA passes you want to use. Note that you can
pass as many different implementations of AA as you want, and each of them
will be chained together for each function, like a pipeline, if the
previous one was not able to determine if there is a dependence or not.

Hope this help,

--
Cristianno Martins
PhD Student of Computer Science