[LLVMdev] [bikeshed] Anyone have strong feelings about always putting `template <...>` on its own line?

Sean Silva silvas at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 1 14:38:08 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:31 PM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you got any statistics for the current state of LLVM with respect
> to this formatting issue? If something is already the overwhelmingly
> common style (& it's not a case where it used to be the style, the
> style has been updated, and nothing has been migrated yet) then just
> make clang-format agree with reality - this doesn't require a
> discussion or bikeshed.

It's not overwhelming, but the preponderance seems to be towards putting it
on its own line (the exceptions are usually small trait specializations
like isPodLike). I give some rough numbers here <
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.llvm.devel/63378> (and see
Daniel's reply). Daniel is open to changing it, but asked me to gather some
more opinions.

-- Sean Silva