[LLVMdev] ANNOUNCEMENT: Removing list prefix

Krzysztof Parzyszek kparzysz at codeaurora.org
Tue Jan 29 13:05:48 PST 2013

On 1/29/2013 2:49 PM, Tanya Lattner wrote:

> Your objection is noted and we can re-evaluate the change as we get more feedback from the community.

I'm at the other end of this.  For me this change would work great.  I
use Thunderbird to read this list, and I assign emails to folders based
on the "List-Id" header.  In a TB window of a regular (usable) size, the
word "[LLVMDev]" occupies 1/3 of the subject space.  I would much prefer
to be able to see more of the actual content of the subject.

I know this is about a different ML, but llvm-commits was even worse.
The subject of a typical email looked like this:
   "[llvm-commits] [llvm] r123456 - /llv..."

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation