[LLVMdev] Running a Local Buildbot

dag at cray.com dag at cray.com
Mon Jan 28 11:04:18 PST 2013

We're thinking about running our own buildbot against the upstream llvm
and clang sources.  I'm talking to our build folks and seeing what they
can allow.  Maybe we can contribute some build slaves to the osuosl
buildbot but I'm not sure.

If we do end up having to run our own buildbot, what's the best way to
integrate that into the upstream web page and status notifier?
Basically, we want the buildbot to monitor the activity upstream and
look for things that break certain build configs (-Werror is one of
them), letting people know when there is a problem.

Our machine might not be able to keep up with a build for every commit
but could do regular timed builds.  The blame list won't be as precise
but at least we'll all know if something goes wrong.

Would we create a directory in zorg along the lines of the osuosl,
smooshlab, etc. directories under zorg/buildbot?

Hopefully we can just integreate into osuosl but we might not be able to
due to security considerations, among other things.

                           -David