[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: put commit messages in *-commits subject lines?

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:56:01 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com> wrote:

>>> SGTM - thanks for the recap/quotation. (but, yes, I'm not the person
>>> who can change that - hopefully Tanya or one of the other admins will
>>> speak up with details)
>>

>> Yes, I can remove the list name. I'll confirm with Chris and I can send email to the lists before it is done. Sound ok?
>
> Would it make sense to remove [llvm-commits] and [cfe-commits], but keep [polly], [poolalloc], [libc++] etc?    That way, the common case is more compact, but the other repos are still distinguishable.

I'm assuming this will already be the case - perhaps I'm
misunderstanding something though. I was assuming that the [pool]
[poolalloc] [libc++] prefixes were added by the SVN mailing software
(which we're not planning to touch) and the [llvm-commits],
[cfe-commits], [llvm-dev], [cfe-dev], [cfe-users] prefixes are handled
by the mailing list software which we'll modify/reconfigure to not
include any of the prefixes.