[LLVMdev] SIMD trigonometry/logarithms?

Ralf Karrenberg Chareos at gmx.de
Mon Jan 28 03:20:46 PST 2013

Hi,

As Peter mentioned, most of the credit of the links below go to Julien
Pommier - I basically took his code and ran the cpp-backend over it.

A few more comments:
- In the new implementation of WFV (that is not public yet, but is also
under LLVM license), I moved that code to a .ll file, which (as Justin
also pointed out) is a lot easier to maintain because the IR format
changes a lot slower than LLVM's internal API.
- I also found versions for AVX and NEON based on the ones of Julien, I
have the link somewhere if anybody is interested.
- There are quite a few interesting functions missing, most importantly
a vector powf (the implementation I have has precision issues)
- I don't think it would be too bad to keep different versions for
different vector widths and architectures. After all, these are meant to
provide highly optimized code, so sacrificing some portability and
maintainability may be okay.

Best,
Ralf