[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: put commit messages in *-commits subject lines?

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 24 11:41:50 PST 2013

On 1/24/13 11:20 AM, Jordan Rose wrote:
> +John C and Daniel, who have access to the servers.
>
> Way back when this thread was first active I asked around off-list where this needs to happen, and Daniel and Tanya said this (respectively):
>
>>> I'd prefer to stick with using either svn-mailer or svnnotify, as those are the ones we use in other places. svnnotify in particular is very full featured, although we would need to install it on the server but that is straightforward.
>>>
>> Maybe. The server is very out of date, and there are no packages anymore for it.. so if its just one file then that might work ;)
>>
>> I need to get John C. to update the OS again. He didn't do it and then Zac came early.. so it never got done. But its time and needs to be done. Once thats done, it will allow us to upgrade llvm.org much easier.

Hrm.  It sounds like we had a "You're waiting for me; I'm waiting for
you" thing happening back in 2012.  Tanya disappeared mid-discussion in
early 2012 (I assume because Zac arrived), and since llvm.org was
running smoothly, I just decided to wait until Tanya contacted me about
it.  It sounds like she might have been waiting on me to bring the
subject up again.

In any event, for the current upgrade plans, Tanya asked me about dates
for the upgrade, and I responded yesterday with a list of potential
dates.  All LLVM admins should be in the loop as I CC'ed that email to
the llvm-admin list.  Admins, if you haven't received that email, please
let me know.  I am currently waiting for a response on a few questions.

-- John T.