[LLVMdev] how to map binary code with LLVM IR

Linhai songlh at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 23 12:16:20 PST 2013

Hi,

    I have some applications, which have been compiled into llvm IR and
then linked into executable programs. I have some static information got
from analysing llvm IR, and some dynamic information, like which binary
branch is taken, from hardware sampler. I am wondering whether there are
some ways to map binary code with LLVM IR. The only way I know is to use
debug info, since both llvm IR and binary code can be mapped to source
code. I feel this method is not precise. Are there some other methods?

    Best,

    Thanks a lot!

                                                                                                     Linhai