[LLVMdev] Using 'llvm-build' for out-of-tree projects

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 04:12:48 PST 2013

On 22 Jan 2013, at 12:04, Duncan Sands wrote:

> for an out-of-tree build you can use llvm-config to get include paths and so on.
> I don't think there is any point bothering with llvm-build for this case.

CMake works nicely for out-of-tree projects.  I have an optimiser plugin that builds this way.  I'm not sure if it's fixed now, but the autoconf builds used to not install the CMake plugins, which was a problem if packagers decided to use autoconf.

David

P.S. Weren't we planning on removing the Make-based build system in the next few months a year ago?