[LLVMdev] Mapping registers into memory address

Jian-Ru Chen midihata at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 03:58:35 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on using LLVM to generate ARM code for Android's Dalvik VM.
I translated some DEX bytecode to LLVM IR, and now I wnat to translate
these IR into ARM assembly by using llc.
But there are some ABI problems (Register mapping) should be solved.

Dalvik VM stores virtual register in the fixed memory address.
For example,
v0 -> [r5,#0]
v1 -> [r5,#4]
v2 -> [r5,#8]
v3 -> [r5,#12]
v100 -> [r5,#400]

So I want to know how can I generate such register allocation?
(e.g load v3 from [r5,#12] and store v2 into [r5,#8])
I have got the approach for reserving r5, but load/store problem not yet
Is there any related information about it?
Thanks