[LLVMdev] How to run SPEC200 benhmark in LLVM

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Fri Jan 18 00:53:55 PST 2013

Hi Unnikrishnan C,

On 18/01/13 09:09, unni_c at csa.iisc.ernet.in wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to run SPEC2000 benchmark in LLVM to check correctness of a llvm
> module which I wrote. How to run SPEC2000 benchmark in LLVM?
>
> Unnikrishnan C

do you know how to run LLVM's nightly testsuite?  It has support for SPEC.
When you configure LLVM you need to use --with-externals to specify a
directory that holds external testsuites like SPEC.  For example:
--with-externals=$HOME/externals/

In $HOME/externals/ you should put the SPEC testsuite directories, eg
speccpu2000.

Note that this will only work if you got the nightly testsuite working
first, since it is the nightly testsuite that picks up SPEC.  You will
see in the nightly testsuite configure output if it found and understood
your SPEC suites.

Ciao, Duncan.