[LLVMdev] linking standard c++ functions @_Znam and @_Znwm

Ali Sedaghat ali.sedaghatbaf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:11:05 PST 2013

I'm new to c++ programming and currently working on an llvm front-end
development project. When I link the object files created by llc, my linker
cannot locate the following functions. I know that these are standard c++
library functions but g++ cannot locate them. Now my question is that where
are these functions defined and how can I link them with my object files,
and actually what do they do?

declare noalias i8* @_Znam(i64)

declare noalias i8* @_Znwm(i64)

the emitted error messages are as follows:

undefined reference to `operator new[](unsigned long)'

undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned long)'

We are reaching the deadline of the project but I haven't found any
solution for this problem. So, please help me.
Any help would be appreciated.