[LLVMdev] generating executable file from .ll files

Ali Sedaghat ali.sedaghatbaf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 00:34:34 PST 2013

Hi,
I'm writing a front-end for llvm with java. my front-end produces .ll
files. Then I use the following commands to convert these files to an
executable file:
!. for each .ll file I use 'llvm-as file.ll' to create  a bitcode file
2. use 'llvm-ld -o executable my-bitcode-files -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
-lstdc++' to generate  an executable file
then when I run the executable file, I get the following error:

LLVM ERROR: Program used external function '_Znwm' which could not be
resolved!

what should I do to resolve this issue?
Any help would be appreciated