[LLVMdev] Using C++'11 language features in LLVM itself

Pawel Wodnicki root at 32bitmicro.com
Thu Jan 10 11:32:08 PST 2013

On 1/10/2013 12:31 PM, Daniel Berlin wrote:

>>>  I do not think you can legally make clang a system compiler on
>>> Windows without licensing headers/libraries from Microsoft.
>>> So inability to parse all of the SDK headers is a non issue to me,
>>> can't use them anyway.
>>

>> Care to cite a source?
>
> Please don't (either of you) randomly speculate on the legality of clang/LLVM.

I am not speculating about legality of clang/LLVM.

But I will point out that raison d'etre for MingW existence
seems to be the ability to freely distribute their
Win32 headers and libraries.

> To be perfectly blunt (without trying to actually be offensive):
> You aren't qualified, and it's not helpful or productive.

Using anything blunt usually is not very effective.
I would advise some finesse, won't hurt your productivity
and might even be helpful.

Paweł