[LLVMdev] [lld] Linker script findings.

Meador Inge meadori at codesourcery.com
Thu Jan 10 08:51:09 PST 2013

On 01/07/2013 08:50 AM, Shankar Easwaran wrote:

> This is different. There are things in the command line which would

Not really.  The directives maybe specific to one linker flavor, but
they still need to be processed early on since they define symbols, add
things to the extern set, add new libraries, add new library search
paths, and so on.

> Overall, I think that the functionality should be accessed only by
> WriterELF and contained within.

That seems to me to be overloading what a Writer should be responsible
before -- serializing atoms to a particular format.

--
Meador Inge
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded