[LLVMdev] attributes

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:44:10 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM, reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:
> On 01/09/2013 01:19 PM, Sean Silva wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM, reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know offhand where this gets added to clang and where the
>>> hook
>>> for processing
>>> in llc is?
>>>
>>> I think that this code has changed recently.
>>
>> There's
>> <http://clang.llvm.org/docs/InternalsManual.html#how-to-add-an-attribute>.
>> If that's not up to date please let me know.
>>
>> -- Sean Silva
>
> Thanks.
>
> Not sure I understand the purpose of InheritableAttr .

InheritableAttr is related to our behavior for testcases like the following:

__attribute((fastcall)) int f(void);
int f(void);

(More generally, it looks like your attributes are very similar to the
fastcall attribute; just do what we do for the fastcall attribute, and
it'll be roughly correct.)

-Eli