[LLVMdev] ExecutionEngine always comes back NULL

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Wed Jan 9 09:47:11 PST 2013

I agree that it is quite horrible.  I've been bitten by the same problem you had and was equally mystified.  I'm not entirely sure why it was done that way.  It's been like that for as long as I've been working with LLVM.  I'd guess that it had something to do with being able to build and link without the JIT enabled.  I know there's a specific LLVM coding standard against this sort of construct.  We just haven't gotten around to cleaning this up yet.

-Andy