[LLVMdev] Examples of creating Obj-C objects?

David Chisnall dc552 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 00:00:07 PST 2013

Which Objective-C runtime are you looking at?  Clang currently supports the two Apple ABIs, the GCC and the GNUstep runtime.  Take a look in CGObjCGNU.cpp and CGObjCMac.cpp.

If you're only interested in JIT compiling, then I would suggest that you look at the runtime's public API, and just use objc_msgSend() and friends to create objects.  If you want to create classes, then use objc_createClassPair() and associated functions - you can do this outside of LLVM to create the class skeletons and then JIT-compile the methods with LLVM and attach them to the class, which will mean that your code is portable to all Objective-C implementations.

David