[LLVMdev] Will LLVM be suitable for developing valgrind like tools

Devchandra L Meetei dlmeetei at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:38:24 PST 2013

Thanks All
In fact, to answer Pete, I was trying to do as much as possible like
valgrind including as much as possible, which includes all tools.
M very elated to know about ASan, given the fact that LLVM is Compile time
whereas valgrind is Dynamic, need to rethink,

Can you guys check this. build clang 3.2 but I got this linker error. Let
me also examine closely
clang++ -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-value -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DTHREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -Wno-unused-function -Werror=unused-variable
-fsanitize=address -fno-omit-frame-pointer -g -m64 -fvisibility=hidden
-fPIC -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker /home/deleisha/CodeSpace/pegasus/pkg/lib
-L/home/deleisha/CodeSpace/pegasus/pkg/lib -o
/home/deleisha/CodeSpace/pegasus/pkg/bin/slp_query
/home/deleisha/CodeSpace/pegasus/pkg/obj/slp/slp_client/src/cmd-utils/slp_query/slp_query.o
-lpegslp_client -ldl -lpthread -lcrypt
/usr/bin/ld:
/usr/local/bin/../lib/clang/3.2/lib/linux/libclang_rt.asan-x86_64.a: No
such file: No such file or directory