[LLVMdev] RFC: Can we make TargetTransformInfo an analysis group?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Fri Jan 4 20:15:01 PST 2013

I know, I said a bad word -- analysis group.

But it works pretty much the way I think we want here. We *always* want a
TargetTransformInfo, and we have reasonable (conservative) stubs in place.
We would just like the option of providing one from the target that has
very clever implementations.

I would propose that we make TargetTransformInfo be an analysis group, and
provide NoTargetTransformInfo as the shim implementation, and each target
provide the more detailed one. This will allow consumers to use normal
getAnalysis methods, etc.

As part of this, I'm planning to move all of TargetTransformInfo to
lib/Analysis.

I'd like to do this soon, so speak up if this sounds like a bad idea. =]
-Chandler