[LLVMdev] Can someone remind me why ScalarTargetTransformInfo and VectorTargetTransformInfo are separate?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Fri Jan 4 20:12:04 PST 2013

I remember this being discussed, and may have even supported it, but I'm
looking at cleaning up some of how the target transform info works, and it
would be a lot less duplicate boiler-plate code to only have one.

Having a narrower interface doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in this
case because for the users, there is no real cost, and for the
implementors, they always have to implement both and do so in the same
location.

If not shout out with a compelling reason why they should be separate, I'll
merge them really soon... It will simplify quite a few things.