[LLVMdev] [lld] Linker script findings.

Shankar Easwaran shankare at codeaurora.org
Wed Jan 2 09:04:39 PST 2013

Hi Sean,

Thanks for providing us the information on the linker scripts.

Linker scripts also use a wide variety of keywords like :-

1) SORT
2) ALIGN
3) OVERLAY

Overlays are most commonly used in embedded applications to overlay one
section over the other using a custom overlay manager.

You might want to look at the ELFLayout changes to see what
functionality is missing from that.

The ELFLayoutOptions has a hook into reading the Linker script which
needs to be implemented.

Thanks

Shankar Easwaran

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by the Linux Foundation