[LLVMdev] One question about two passes interaction

Robert Sandra robert.sandra0712 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 22:37:41 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to run a case as follows:

FunctionPass1:  try to get all function's names and store them to a global
array
FunctionPass2:  get information from the global array
In FunctionPass2, I use getAnalysisUsage() to set that to run
FunctionPass2, FunctionPass1 should be executed first.

But according to the running result, I found that these two passes are
executing at the same time,
which means After FunctionPass1 iterate one function, then FunctionPass2
will be executed to iterate one function; then FunctionPass1 continues to
run, and then FunctionPass2....

While, what I expected is that the FunctionPass1 will complete first, then
FunctionPass2 will be executed. Am I understanding wrong?

Thanks.
Robert