[LLVMdev] Does LLVM optimize variable to constant value in the compiling time?

Robert Sandra robert.sandra0712 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:41:08 PST 2013

By optimization, do you mean enable the optimization whiling building llvm
or use optimization flag while using clang command to get the bitcode file?

In my case, I disable the optimization when I built llvm, and I use the
following command to get the bitcode:

clang -O0 -emit-llvm hello.c -c -o hello.bc

To run the pass:

opt -load ../../../Debug+Asserts/lib/Hello.so -hello < hello.bc > /dev/null

The llvm version I am using is 3.3svn.

Thanks.