[LLVMdev] constants in text section for mips 16

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Thu Feb 21 11:31:37 PST 2013

I am working towards a more complete solution for large constants in
mips 16 (ala Arm constant islands and such). That is part of why I'm
busy expanding all macros being emitted in the mips 16 compiler (almost
done).

I'm wondering if there is a poor mans approach for large constants that
can be done very simply that I can add just for now.

Gcc mips 16 places them after the function in the text section.

Mips 16 , unlike mips32, has a pc relative load.

I'm wondering if there is already some mechanism where I can assign
literals to the text section and get a label for where it has been stored.

Tia.

Reed