[LLVMdev] Parallel Loop Metadata

Redmond, Paul paul.redmond at intel.com
Thu Feb 21 10:36:50 PST 2013

The documentation isn't clear about the uniqueness of loop identifier metadata. Should every loop have a unique loop id metadata? I think the answer is yes but I'm not sure how this can be enforced.

A particular case I'm thinking of is something like:

void foo() {
  }
}

void bar() {
    foo();
  }
}

If the loops in foo and bar have the same loop id metadata and foo is inlined then you have two loops with the same id.

paul