[LLVMdev] testing a cross compiler

Preston Briggs preston.briggs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:24:02 PST 2013

I've been working with friends on a cross compiler based on LLVM for an
experimental machine that's currently only available as a simulator. While
we've got it to compile, I'd like to test it (emphasizing the code
generator rather than the front end or optimizer). Normally I'd approach
such a problem by writing very many, very small test cases, but perhaps
someone has already done this. At first glance, test-suite doesn't seem
quite right, with so many large programs and a complex infrastructure.
Other ideas?

Thanks,
Preston