[LLVMdev] Is there any llvm neon intrinsic that maps to vmla.f32 instruction ?

David Tweed david.tweed at arm.com
Mon Feb 11 08:45:57 PST 2013

Hi,

| If we find that this optimization produces worse code in more cases than
not, than we should leave it disable by default and let the user enable when
necessary. I'll let Bob follow up on that, since I don't know what
benchmarks he used.

Note that it may well be the case that the most "generally performant"
default may vary between different ARM cores as well as various types of
code. It would certainly be as well to try benchmarking on different cores.
as theoretical discussion of which code sequence is better is often add odds
with empirically observed results.

Cheers,

Dave