[LLVMdev] Deleting LiveVariables

Cameron Zwarich zwarich at apple.com
Sat Feb 9 22:51:08 PST 2013

On Feb 8, 2013, at 4:45 PM, Jakob Stoklund Olesen <stoklund at 2pi.dk> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Cameron Zwarich <zwarich at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll try doing that. Did you ever add a way to update LiveIntervals quickly after splitting an edge or will that have to finally be added? I can skip the critical edge splitting for now.
>
> That doesn't exist yet, we'll need that too.
>
> My thinking was to keep a list of all global live ranges in LiveIntervals so we at least don't have to go through all the local virtual registers when splitting a critical edge. (That's how LiveVariables is updated now, and it's slow).

I checked in LiveIntervals support to PHIElimination in r174831. I encountered all of the usual edge cases in 'make check', so hopefully it has no latent bugs.

I'll add a splitEdge() method to LiveIntervalAnalysis (got a better name?) that does things the slow way first, and then we can speed it up.

Cameron