[LLVMdev] CostModelAnalysis for 3.0 release

Nadav Rotem nrotem at apple.com
Thu Feb 7 10:45:18 PST 2013

Hi Ryan,

I think that it would be difficult to back port the CostModel back to LLVM3.0 because it uses the new TargetTransformInfo analysis.  I also wanted to mention that only _lowering_ passes (target-specific optimization passes) may use TTI and the cost model. Higher-level canonicalization passes should not use it.

Thanks,
Nadav