[LLVMdev] adding a codegen pass into llvm

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:33:17 PST 2013

On 2/7/13 5:49 AM, marwayusuf at feng.bu.edu.eg wrote:
> Dear All
> in this - quite old - message
> http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-January/037496.html
> I followed all the steps except the last one, as I don't think my pass depends on anything else, and I didn't fully understand it.
> And I tried to rebuild the llvm to make it take my pass into account. I placed my pass in the llvm/lib/CodeGen folder.
> But - as I predicted - it didn't work. It stopped here
> "make[1]: *** [Transforms/.makeall] Error 2"

I'm not sure if I can help, but looking over the files, I think you're
going to have to provide more information on the error.  Is the LLVM
build system attempting to compile your files?  If so, what error does
it print out (aside from the fact that make is failing; make fails when
something fails to compile or link).

Without more information, I doubt anyone will be able to figure out what
the problem is.

-- John T.