[LLVMdev] Does Apple's osacompile use LLVM?

Filipe Cabecinhas filcab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:53:29 PST 2013

I don't suppose Apple usually sends out information on what they use for
most stuff. But you can always try to find out ;-)

But I would say they don't use LLVM:

$ otool -L /usr/bin/osacompile
/usr/bin/osacompile:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
(compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 155.0.0)
/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version
56.0.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
169.3.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
(compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 57.0.0)
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
(compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 744.1.0)

Regards,

  Filipe