[LLVMdev] The MBlaze backend: can we remove it?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:24:36 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Reed Kotler <rkotler at mips.com> wrote:

> I think you should wait until it becomes a problem.

When I said it is not a problem, I meant there is no burning, systemic
problem with the backend as there have been in other backends.

However, we are burning plenty of time of engineers supporting it for every
change to the common code generator. Also, we have known bugs in the code
and the backend, and no one to really report them to. This doesn't seem
like a healthy state for a backend to be in, and it also doesn't seem like
a new state. (again, I've not seen any real activity here in all of 2012...)