[LLVMdev] Adding SMACK to the list of LLVM projects

Zvonimir Rakamaric zvonimir at cs.utah.edu
Sun Feb 3 21:16:59 PST 2013

Hi guys,

So, I've been a long-term user of LLVM, and currently me and my
students are actively using LLVM in several projects of ours.

At this point, I would greatly appreciate if you could add SMACK
static checker, which relies on LLVM, to the list of LLVM projects.
SMACK is an open-source static checker built on top of LLVM, and we
are hoping to get more collaborators and contributors this way.

Here is more info about SMACK:
SMACK Static Checker

By <a href="https://github.com/smackers?tab=members">smackers</a>

statically checking properties of programs written in C/C++. For a
given input program, SMACK checks for violations of user-provided
assertions. The tool is open-source and integrates into the well-known
LLVM compiler infrastructure. Therefore, SMACK can (at least in
theory) check any program that can be compiled with LLVM. It should
also be relatively easy to implement and try out different extensions
on top of SMACK.

Please let me know if you need anything else. There already are two of
my publications related to SMACK in the LLVM publication list.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best,
-- Zvonimir

--