[LLVMdev] How to update LiveInterval information of newly inserted machine basic block

Haishan hndxvon at 163.com
Tue Dec 31 03:52:17 PST 2013

Hi,
  I insert a new machine basic block(MBB) before Greedy Register Allocation, after Simple Register Coalescing. But I encounter a fatal
error "regalloc = ... not currently supported with -O0". I use command line with opt level O2, not O0.
The probable reason of this error is that no LiveInterval information for newly MBB which is used by Register Allocation.
And, LiveIntervals depend on LiveVariables which require the machine function to be in SSA form.
However, in this case, the modified machine function(including newly inserted MBB) is not SSA form any more.
So, how to update LiveInterval information of newly MBB?
Could someone help me with that?
Thank you very much in advance.
-Haishan