[LLVMdev] Problem scheduling a ModulePass which requires LoopInfo.

Juan Manuel Martinez CaamaƱo jmartinezcaamao at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 08:58:30 PST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to use the LLVM pass registry to schedule a Module pass. This
pass requires one analysis ( LoopInfo ).

But as soon as the *AU.addRequired<LoopInfo>() *method executes I get the
following error:

*Unable to schedule 'Natural Loop Information' required by 'MyPass.' Unable
to schedule passUNREACHABLE executed at
/...../llvm/lib/IR/PassManager.cpp:1250!*

*... ... ...*In the pass code I also have the following code:

*... ... ...INITIALIZE_PASS_BEGIN(MyPass,"MyPass","MyPass.", false,
false)INITIALIZE_PASS_DEPENDENCY(LoopInfo)INITIALIZE_PASS_END(MyPass,"MyPass","MyPass.",
false, false)*

For what I understood, the PassManager request another PassManager for the
lower level function analysis (In this case LoopInfo). And no one is able
to answer to that request.

Thanks,

--
Juan Manuel